24 March 2008

Flock wins Web Award, Community Category

Sometime mid last year I blogged very briefly about my discovery of Flock. I said I would write more about it, but as with all great products that turn into indespensable tools, it merged into my background of online interaction, transparently holding up my silver platter of social network goodies right there in my browser.

Not surprisingly, this year, they are winner of Best in Community at SXSW.

For me, Flock has been my default browser since I started using it, with my Blogger, flickr and twitter accounts always on and ready for the next post directly within the browser.

I do have one gripe with it - the del.icio.us bookmarker. It doesn't show me the recommended and community tags for a particular link, which I do miss. It is really useful to see what tags you already have and what other people are using to tag the same link. I use del.icio.us a lot and for it I still use the del.icio.us Firefox add-on.


Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: